Sunday, November 13, 2011

Preparing for my graduate degree exam

Grad school, what an adventure!  I just showed my thesis project, "3d Storytelling" to my committee a few days ago.  My project consisted of three stereoscopic 3D short movies:

  • An Ancient Pond (2010)
    • An adventure in ancient Japan full of intrigue and assassination
  • Project Z-6463 (2011)
    • This thriller with a twist will leave you wanting more and looking at mimes in a whole new light.
  • The Golden Book (2011)
    • This documentary about the Golden Book at Indiana University takes you on a journey back to conflict and duty from the War of 1812 through World War II.

These shorts serve to show my committee what I have been able to learn while in grad school as well as what I can create with the great casts and crews to be found here in town.  Overall the shorts were well received and the critiques were all spot-on and workable.

The committee is now formulating the exam questions that will occupy eight full hours of my life in the near future.  I started this journey back in the fall of 2007 and while it has been a long journey (most M.S. degrees are completed in two years), it has been a great experience.

I'll probably have more to post on the subject after taking the exam.

No comments:

Post a Comment