I just saw this article in my RSS feed and it's a nice primer/refresher of the different types of digital video signals and protocols.
Monday, October 29, 2012
Thursday, October 18, 2012
The 3D Film Archive has a really good assessment of the 3D Blu-ray re-release of "Creature from the Black Lagoon". It highlights some of the challenges of repackaging a stereo movie and some of the odd decisions that can be made. I wonder of the technicians working on this didn't have any 3D background since some of the mistakes in the transfer are really easy to avoid.
Monday, October 15, 2012
|Creating a DCP of the indie feature, Beverly Lane.|
- DV Film - $40 per minute or $3600 for a 90 minute feature
- SV2 Studios - They have an À la carte style of pricing, about $1200 for a 90 minute feature
- Indie DCP - They don't list a price schedule
- Dolby Labs - I've not found a price schedule, but word on the street is between $3000 and $5000 for a 90 minute feature
- Deluxe - They also create DCPs, but no price schedule to be found
Interesting blog post comparing DCP and film prints. It's from 2008 and somewhat dated with regard to number of digital screens, but the gist of it is still good.